Veterinary History

Established in 1954, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine was the fifth school of Kasetsart University, which was based at Bangkhen campus, Bangkok. In 1970, the first facility was served as the Pathology and Animal hospital, located near Paholyothin Road. Subsequently,

The faculty continued to expand its services towards small animal practices.

IMG 05

In 1979, the second animal teaching hospital was founded at KamphaengSaen campus, NakhonPathom province. This new hospital provided excellence facility for both small and large animal practices. A year later, the third veterinary teaching hospital was opened at Nong-Pho dedicating to serve local daily industry around Ratchaburi province. Recently, the fourth Veterinary teaching hospital was established at HuaHin, Prachuapkhirikhan province in 2010. The HuaHin teaching facilities aim to providediagnostic and therapeutic services in small and large animal practices. This new campus is dedicated to international training in veterinary education in South-East Asia region.

To date, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kasetsart University, together with all four teaching hospitals offer multidisciplinary programs, including Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), graduate degrees in Master and PhD levels, intern and post-graduate trainings for veterinarians. Our mission is to become the leadership in the area of veterinary medicine and one of the top veterinary schools in South-East Asia. Our faculty and staff are devoted to excellence in teaching, research and academic services in veterinary medicine.